Last Updated: July 25, 2012
You may contact us at any address or number that we have provided to you, or, as a general matter, at the following:
The Giving Plan
400 Perimeter Center Terrace, Suite 900
Atlanta, GA 30346
- Personally identifiable information that you provide to us over the Internet (especially via our websites, generally located within our addresses under the domain www.thegivingplan.com (our "Sites")), by email, regular mail, or by phone, from third parties that give your information to us and through other legal means, including: your name, physical address, email address, phone numbers, date of birth, personal interests, information regarding your interest and use of our services, your occupation, background information relevant to your applications (if you submit any) and other information relevant to responding to your inquiries and providing services to our members and business partners.
- If you are a The Giving Plan member or prospective member, we may also collect personal information about you or your family (e.g., names and ages of family members, travel preferences, etc.) that will help us provide a more complete membership experience (e.g., arranging proper accommodations, responding to activity requests, etc.).
- If you are a The Giving Plan member, we may collect financial information from you, such as credit card numbers, billing addresses, expiration dates, etc., in order to facilitate the billing and payment of your accounts.
CERTAIN OTHER FORMS OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE INTERNET
Use Data If you use our Sites, we may collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Sites (such as IP addresses, domains, browser type and version, and operating system) ("Use Data").
Log Files Like most standard website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks.
Clear GIFs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs) We employ a software technology called clear GIFs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which help us better manage content on our Sites by informing us what content is effective. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. In addition, we may use clear GIFs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your reservations (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your reservations, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the reservations you make on our Sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you from us or our partners
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about The Giving Plan, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our Sites and applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding your use of our Sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies We use aggregated (i.e., non-personally identifiable) Use Data for purposes of site administration and to compile information about usage of our Sites and services. We may share aggregated information (which does not contain your personally identifiable information) with third parties, such as advertisers and marketing partners. We may combine personally identifiable information with Use Data to help us serve you better in connection with your use of our services or Sites, and to respond to your requests for technical assistance (e.g., we may record which web browser you use in order to help respond to your questions with difficulties using our Sites).
We may provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of the services and features of The Giving Plan and to help us communicate with you. Examples of such services include sending email, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. We require our third-party service providers to promise not to use such information except as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties. You hereby consent to us sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and to make proper use of the information that we collect; however, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or communications with us will always remain private.
MODIFYING OR DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We intend to keep your information accurate and up to date. You have the opportunity to review and correct any of your information that we may have, or to restrict the uses we make of your information. In order to review or correct your information that we have on file, please take the following steps:
- Contact us at 678.506.2700
- Give us your name and email address, together with any information that might help us more effectively serve or communicate with you
- Let us know how we can help you - if you would like to review your information, etc.
- Let us know the most convenient way for us to communicate with you (email, phone, etc.)
Our Sites and services are not directed toward individuals under eighteen years old ("Minors") nor do we knowingly collect information from Minors.
Our Sites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Effective date of this policy: July 25, 2012.